There’s plenty of uncertainty and debate going around about the best time to post on YouTube.
With new algorithmic changes, it gets hard to figure out the best time to upload YouTube Shorts and videos and whether it is effective or not. Even if you do fix a single time slot, you can’t always rely on it to yield satisfactory results.
In this article, we will discuss how you can find the best time to post YouTube videos and YouTube shorts specifically for your account and its importance!
Table of Content
- Why Post YouTube Shorts and YouTube Videos at the Best Time?
- What is the Best Day and Best Time to Post YouTube Shorts?
- When is the Best Day and Best Time to Post YouTube Videos?
- How to Find When is Your Best Time to Post on YouTube?
Why Post YouTube Shorts and YouTube Videos at the Best Time?
YouTube is less of a social media platform and more of a video search engine!
Here, the search engine first takes time to index your video and then display it in the user feeds. As such, the ideal YouTube posting time is a few hours before the maximum user engagement time slot. But why go to such lengths?
Here are multiple benefits of finding the best time to post YouTube shorts and videos:
- Discoverability Boost: If you’re posting YouTube shorts or videos at the right time, the chances of your channel getting discovered by new users increase significantly.
- Increased Visibility: Posting at an ideal time slot increases the chances of your video being recommended by the YouTube algorithm.
- Long-Term Success: Randomly posting YouTube content might work well every once in a while. However, finding the best time to post YouTube videos and shorts will work well in the long run.
What is the Best Day and Best Time to Post YouTube Shorts?
The best day to post YouTube Shorts is either Mondays or Tuesdays, between the hours of 12 to 3 PM and 7 to 10 PM.
Seeing the short-form video content hype, YouTube launched the Shorts feature in September 2020. Shorts are supposed to be quick entertainment bites, where the user can continuously swipe from one post to the next.
Given the change in content consumption behavior, the YouTube Shorts algorithm also varies. As such, there isn’t a universal best day or time to post for everyone. However, after considering multiple YouTube accounts and videos posted, it has been noticed that early weekdays tend to have better engagement.
According to StatusBrew, the best time to post YouTube shorts is:
|Day of Week
|Best Time to Post YouTube Shorts
|7 AM, 12 Noon, 8-9 PM
|7 AM, 11 AM – 12 PM, 5-7 PM, and 9-10 PM
|12 PM, 3-6 PM
|7-9 AM, 11 AM to 1 PM, 4-6 PM, and 9-11 PM
|9-10 AM, 3-6 PM, and 10 PM to 12 AM
|10-11 AM, 3-5 PM, and 9 PM
When is the Best Day and Best Time to Post YouTube Videos?
The best day to post YouTube videos can be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, between the hours of 3 to 6 PM and 6 to 9 PM.
However, this data doesn’t necessarily suit all YouTube channels. After all, the YouTube algorithm has been the center of uncertainty and doubt since the very beginning.
While we might not have a concrete answer for the algorithmic ins and outs, we sure can study audience behavior and find the best time to upload YouTube videos.
According to Vaizle, the best time to post YouTube videos for different days of the week is:
|Day of Week
|Best Time to Post YouTube Videos
|12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
|4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
|11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
|3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
|2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
How to Find When is Your Best Time to Post on YouTube?
If everyone searches for the best time to post on YouTube and starts uploading content accordingly, it will benefit no one! As such, it is better to find the best posting hours tailored specifically for your account.
Before finding the same, let’s have a look at different factors that can influence your channel’s best time to post YouTube Shorts and Videos.
- Time Zones: If the majority of your audience comes from a different time zone, keep in mind that you are not posting during their inactive hours. For example, if you are posting from the IST zone for the GMT audience, avoid late evening hours or most of the users will be sleeping.
- Audience Demographics: To get better responses from users, it is crucial to know them better. Consider various factors like the audience’s age, location, occupation, and preferences to improve overall engagement.
- Competitive Analysis: Also keep an eye on what the competitors are doing by conducting a YouTube competitor analysis. Find out when they are usually active and avoid posting during the same hours.
Now that you’re aware of the factors crucial for finding the best time to post YouTube Shorts, let’s understand how you can find this data specific to your channel.
YouTube Analytics to find when your audience is active
YouTube now lets you access in-depth analytics to find the best time to post YouTube videos for your channel. To proceed, simply head to YouTube Studio. From the sidebar, access the ‘Analytics’ section.
Click on the ‘Audience’ tab and you will be able to see a purple audience graph with the title ‘When your viewers are on YouTube.’ With the help of this graph, you can easily assess and get an idea about the best time to post YouTube shorts and videos.
Here, the dark graph bars represent the time slot when your audience is most active and likely to watch the content posted. As the color fades, the number of users active also decreases accordingly.
While YouTube Analytics is a great tool for figuring out the best time to upload YouTube videos, it can be hectic for marketers who are managing multiple channels.
Vaizle to get customized results for multiple YouTube channels in a single dashboard
Vaizle is an all-in-one marketing and social media analytics suite with multiple free tools, with one of them being: Best Time to Post on YouTube. Using this tool, you can find optimal YouTube posting hours within seconds.
How to Use Vaizle for your Youtube Channel?
Step 1: Log in with your Google account.
Step 2: Pick the account for which you want to find the best time to upload YouTube Shorts or videos.
Step 3: Vaizle will now display the desired results.
With Vaizle’s live dashboard, you can switch between multiple accounts easily. For some days, you even get different hour slots with maximum engagement for the same day.
The free tool lets you find the best time to post YouTube Shorts and videos for 3 days. With the paid version, you can upgrade to the weekly analysis and plan your content calendar.
Vaizle now offers exclusive access to all paid features for $1 only. Sign up for the 7-day trial and explore our range of tools — including social media, ad, and competitive SM analysis. Also, try our newly launched Ads to Google Sheet connectors to make your marketing journey insightful. Cancel or change plans anytime.