If you’re active on Facebook to connect with family and friends, you don’t need to think twice before pressing the ‘Post’ button. That being said, knowing the best time to post on Facebook is crucial if you’re running a business account.
After all, Facebook currently has more than 3.05 billion monthly active users worldwide. If you look up how many Facebook users in the USA, the answer is 250.2 million people. Now, with such a massive user base, there’s no lack of content on the platform. As such, it becomes important for you to post at the right time.
Missing out on the best Facebook posting times means that you’re saying goodbye to early engagement, which in return can tank the performance of the entire campaign.
This begs the question – how do you find the best times to post on Facebook for your account? Is there a single answer to this question or does it depend on the account specifications? If you’re also thinking the same, this article’s for you!
We will discuss when is the best time to post on Facebook for you and what studies suggest. Let’s dive right in.
Table of Contents
- What time is Best for Posting on Facebook?
- What is the Best time of the week to post on Facebook?
- Why Is There No Universal Time to Post on Facebook?
- Tips to Find Your Own Best Time to Post on Facebook?
- How to Find the Best Time to Post on Facebook From Vaizle?
What Time is Best for Posting on Facebook?
The best time to post on Facebook is between 7 AM – 9 AM, 1 PM – 3 PM and 7 PM – 9 PM, and the best days to post on Facebook are Wednesdays and Thursdays.
However, multiple studies have shown that there’s no single best time to post on Facebook. Depending on where you are based and who your target audience is, the answer will vary for everyone.
The process of finding the best times to post on Facebook can depend on the audience’s location, age, occupation, and several other factors. As such, the concept of a single best time to post on Facebook is mostly null and void.
However, after considering the global audience and conducting vast research, marketers have come up with their data on the best times to post on Facebook. Let’s have a look at what different organizations across the globe have concluded so far!
- SocialPilot conducted a detailed study by analyzing 7,00,000 Facebook posts published from around 50,000+ Facebook accounts. As per their data, the best times to post on Facebook are 7 to 9 AM, 1 to 3 PM, and 7 to 9 PM.
- HubSpot surveyed 1000+ marketers and deduced that 6 to 9 PM and 12 to 3 PM are the best posting hours for Facebook.
- HootSuite placed their bet on 9 AM (since that is when most people are leaving for offices) and 1 to 3 PM from Thursdays to Sundays, After a detailed survey of 1200+ marketers.
- SproutSocial analyzed more than 40,000 social media profiles to conclude that the best times to post on Facebook are on Mondays from 8 AM to 1 PM. Additionally, they mentioned that the best days to post on Facebook are from Mondays to Thursdays.
What are the Best Times of the Week to Post on Facebook?
Mondays are quite busy! People are running back to offices and getting settled for the rest of the week. On the other hand, Fridays are more relaxed, leaving people more time for social media engagement.
Needless to say, all days of the week don’t perform similarly and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you’ll be able to see an improvement in your campaign outcome.
But if you are planning to post daily, finding when your audience is active is crucial.
How Does Vaizle Find the Best Time to Post on Facebook?
Vaizle lets you find the best times to post on Facebook within no time! This data is compiled after carefully checking your followers’ demographics and analyzing the engagement of the previous posts.
As per Vaizle, the best times to post on Facebook are:
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Monday
On Mondays, transitioning from weekends to work mode can be a bit hectic. Some people prefer to scroll social media during their commute, while some get to do it during the lunch hour. As such, the best time to post on Facebook on Monday is 8 AM to 3 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Tuesday
If you’re looking to get ample social attention on the second day of the week, limit the Facebook posting times before lunch hour. Ideally, the best time to post on Facebook on Tuesday is 7 AM to 1 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Wednesday
Honestly, Wednesdays are no different than Mondays. There’s a lot to do and not everyone gets to scroll Facebook during a fixed time frame. The best time to post on Facebook on Wednesday is 8 AM to 3 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Thursday
As you head towards the weekend, the schedule gets a bit relaxed. The best time to post on Facebook on Thursday is 7 AM to 4 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Friday
Posting on Fridays is ideal if you want to leave your consumers with great content before going for a weekend break. The best time to post on Facebook on Friday is 8 AM to 3 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Saturday
For Saturdays, avoid posting during the day as most people prefer to take a day off and spend some quality time with their friends or family. The best time to post on Facebook on Saturday is divided into two parts — 9 AM to 10 AM and 7 PM to 8 PM.
Best Time to Post on Facebook on Sunday
Like Saturday, Sunday is also a day off from social media for many people. The best time to post on Facebook on Sunday is also divided into two parts — 9 AM to 10 AM and 7 PM to 8 PM.
Why Is There No Universal Time to Post on Facebook?
Brian Boland, Facebook’s former VP of Advertising Technology, wrote “On average, there are 1,500 stories that could appear in a person’s News Feed each time they log onto Facebook.”
No matter what time you post, you are dealing with a sea of competitors that could make their way to the user feed instead. Regardless of the posting time, this competition isn’t likely to go away.
As such, there’s no fixed best time to post on Facebook in the USA that is guaranteed to deliver satisfactory results. However, based on audience demographics, you can find an optimal time slot that will likely deliver increased engagement.
Tips to Find Your Own Best Time to Post on Facebook?
Wondering when is the best time to post on Facebook, especially for you? If so, let’s have a brief look at tips that will help you find the optimal posting hours.
- Study Audience Demographic Based on where most of your audience is located, you can find the preferred time zone for posting on your business account. The Meta Business Suite lets you get a list of top cities where your followers come from. Simply go to Insights and then click on Audience to check the same.
- Evaluate Past Performance: Study account analytics to check which time slots are giving maximum and minimum results. For example: if morning hours are giving better reach than late afternoon or evening hours, try sticking to a morning schedule only.
- Experiment with Different Timings: Another way to find the best time to post on Facebook is to experiment. Try posting at separate hours and see which one gets you more reach. However, do remember to keep the content similar or you won’t be able to know if the timing is responsible for a positive outcome or not.
- Post Consistently: Once you’ve selected the best times to post on Facebook for your account, don’t forget to post consistently. Once you’re posting regularly at the same time, your audience will also start expecting updates from you. Indirectly, posting consistently will help build curiosity and improve engagement numbers.
How to Find the Best Time to Post on Facebook From Vaizle?
Vaizle lets you find the best time to post on Facebook within seconds! Without going through the hassle of conducting audience research and analyzing past performance, you can use this tool to find out what are the best times to post on Facebook for the day and the week ahead for the next three days.
Check out this video on how to use the Vaizle Free Tool to find out the best time to post on Facebook
Or follow these simple steps to use Vaizle Best Time to Post on the Facebook tool.
- Sign in with your Facebook account.
- Select the page for which you want to find the best times to post on Facebook.
- Vaizle will now display the required results, based on which you can schedule future posts.
If you prefer, you can also sign up for the paid version. It lets you find optimal times for different content formats like images, videos, or reels. Powered with a week’s worth of data, you can create a content calendar accordingly!
Let’s get started! Don’t wait any longer!